Frequently Asked Questions
All those questions that you wanted ask but…
Can I purchase SWC products without being a member of the Smart Water Club?
- Of course, you can, but why not save 10% as a members.
- We limit access to the private Facebook Group to only Smart Water Club members— so come join the conversation.
- Yes we can. This isn’t a presidential slogan 😊. It doesn’t matter if it is an SWC product or not, if you have a water treatment device, register it with us and we will send you text messages and alerts when it is time replace a filter or perform maintenance.
- Every SWC product above $100 automatically includes the cost of installation. All you need to do is schedule the date of installation. Easy right?
- Our quiz gives us a holistic view of your water usage and water quality need. The information feeds into our algorithm and enables us to provide you with the best value-based recommendation for the product(s) that can address your water needs.
- Yes- you can cancel your Smart Water Club membership anytime with just a couple of clicks
Technical questions that you have wanted to ask….
What is Upflow Regeneration?
- Traditional water softeners use “downflow”, which depletes the unused portion of the resin bed with every regeneration. Think of it as draining your gas tank before filling it up.
- Brita® PRO Platinum and Gold Systems use “upflow” regeneration, which drives the hardness minerals up through the already depleted resin and out to drain, saving both salt and the unused portion of the resin for future use. In fact, that process supercharges the bottom portion of the softening bed, providing more consistent and softer water at a lower cost.
- Chloramines are disinfectants used to treat drinking water. Chloramines are most commonly formed when ammonia is added to chlorine to treat drinking water. Chloramines provide longer-lasting disinfection as the water moves through pipes to consumers. This type of disinfection is known as secondary disinfection.